Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I'm the boss, the CAKE BOSS...

My brother-in-law and his two brothers made a trip out to New York a few weeks ago as part of their Christmas present to watch the Canucks duel it out with the New York Rangers and the New York Islanders. They also decided at the last minute to hop onto a train to Ottawa to watch them duke it out with the Senators (lucky lucky bastards....)

Guess where else they decided to go on the whim!!!


Can't quite see it?  Let's zoom in a little bit...


Chris bought this chef coat for me from Carlo's Bakery! I squealed! Look how beautiful it is. I was so very jealous though that they actually went.  The boys went all they way to New Jersey to specifically see the bakery.  They bought some cannolis and a little fondant cake with bright purple and yellow flowers (if you watch the show, you will know exactly what cake I'm talking about because they've shown it on the show).  SO JEALOUS.  I've been told by all three brothers that the cannolis were creamy creamy goodness...ahhh, so jealous!

They didn't see Buddy, but said that his sisters were working the front counter.  Even cooler though was that they peeked in the back and saw the camera crews running around.  ENVY ENVY ENVY!  Did I mention that I was so jealous?!?

I told them that they should have snuck the cannolis for me onto the plane...hahah...

NOM NOM NOM....

I'm heading to New York in February for the Toy Fair with my company and if there is enough inbetween the tradeshow and our flight, then I am so going to Carlo's Bakery!  Most likely I will get lost and miss my flight, but I am so determined!

2 comments:

  1. So let me get this straight. You bake a couple of things and now you consider yourself the Cake Boss? Wow...
    H-Dawg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph, don't listen to H-Dawg! She is a cynical old broad who doesn't get TRUE talent. I believe in you Steph! I believe you WILL BE the next Cake Boss!

    Holy Cannoli H-Dawg, a little support here - did you see the cake lolipops?

    ReplyDelete